Subscribe to the Computer Class Schedule and be the first to know about new classes!
Microsoft Word 1
Are you new to word processing, Microsoft Word, or need to review the basics? By the end of this class, learners will be able to open Word, create a new document, enter, edit, and format text, print, and save a file.
Tuesday, June 27
1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
2nd Floor Computer Lab
THIS CLASS IS NOW FULL
Add Your Name To The Waiting List >
Microsoft Word 1 List of Topics
- How to open Microsoft Word from the desktop, taskbar, or program menu.
- How to create a new document.
- How Word organizes tools and commands in the Ribbon and groups.
- How to select text using the mouse.
- What the cursor is and how to relocate it using the mouse or keyboard.
- How to enter/type text.
- How to delete text.
- How to format text. Specifically how to:
- Change the font style.
- Change the font size.
- How to make text bold, italicized, and underlined.
- How to left, center, right, and fully justify text.
- Change the line spacing and remove the extra space after paragraphs.
- How to save your document for the first time.
- How to keep saving your document.
- How to print a document using the default printer.
- How to close the current document and how to close Word.