Keep up-to-date with your library account activity on your mobile phone via text message. This service is provided by Shoutbomb. Please note that, while the Library does not charge a fee to use the Shoutbomb service, your mobile phone service plan standard text messaging rates apply.
With the Shoutbomb text messaging service, you can use your mobile phone to:
• Receive text notices about: holds that are available, items that are due soon, overdue items, and fines that are added to your account.
• Texts will be sent only when activity on your account triggers a message and will usually arrive between 9am and 5pm.
If you have questions about Shoutbomb, or if you have trouble signing up, please call us at 582-2400 or stop in.
What You Need
• A mobile phone and wireless service that can send text messages to an email address.
• The barcode number from your Library card.
• The PIN for your library account. If you don't know your Pin please contact us at 582-2400.
Sign up with a text message
You can complete the entire sign up process with text messages.
To sign up, use your mobile phone to send a text message to email@example.com with the following as the body of the text message:
SIGNUP+YourCard#+YourPin without spaces (ensure you include the + signs).
For example, if your Library Card # is "21234567890123" and your pin is TEST you would text this string: SIGNUP+21234567890123+TEST
Questions? If you have questions or problems with the service, contact us at 582-2400 or stop in.
Getting Started with Shoutbomb
Below are commands to help you get started using the Shoutbomb service.
Basic Keyword Commands
You can text these commands to firstname.lastname@example.org; follow any instructions that are texted back to you:
• ADDCARD Register an additional Library card for text messages on your phone. To save a few text messages you can text ADDCARD+NewCard#+NewCardPin. No spaces and include the + sign.
• DROPCARD Cancel text notices for a card added with ADDCARD. To save a few text messages you can text DROPCARD+Card#+CardPin No spaces and include the + signs.
• IOWEU Returns information about your current fee amount. If you have multiple cards registered, you will receive information about each card.
• TEST Test your connection to Shoutbomb.
• HELP Get information about all Shoutbomb commands.
• RESEND Get the last message from Shoutbomb again.
• SWITCHPHONE Allows you to update your account with a new phone number or carrier.
• QUIT Delete your mobile device from the Shoutbomb notice service. To save a few text messages you can text QUIT+Card#+CardPin. No spaces and include the + signs.
Replying to Notices
Your account notices will prompt you to respond with optional commands, including:
• HL Get a list of holds that are ready for pickup. (Holds notice.)
• OL Get a list of overdue items. (Overdue notice.)
If you are getting too many notices, you may wish to change what types you receive. To view and change your Shoutbomb message settings, text these commands:
• NOTICES See your current on/off status for each type of notice. Do this first!
• HOLDS Toggles your holds notices off/on.
• COURTESY Toggles your courtesy notices (about items that are due soon) off/on.
• OVERDUE Toggles your overdue notices off/on.
• FEES Toggles your notices about fines and fees off/on.